Our Academic Program
We exist to ensure that all students learn.
We support their growth into knowledgeable, skilled and confident citizens capable of succeeding in their work, personal and family lives into the 21st century.
Our VisionEvery child college and career ready
Cityview Community School of Innovation is a pre-Kindergarten through fifth grade school located in North Minneapolis with beautiful views of downtown. We provide a student-centered learning experience through the integration of the arts that is academically and socially enriching, globally minded, culturally conscious, and forward-thinking. Our teachers are trained in arts-based learning strategies, including Flocabulary and Visual Thinking Strategies, which encourage critical thinking skills and deeper connections to the content. By providing many options for learning and partnering with families and our community, Cityview is a nurturing learning environment, focused on vigorous core instruction and individualized plans for our students.
School Program Highlights
- Students, parents and teachers partner to set goals
- Social and emotional curriculum supports student learning
- Reading specialist provides individualized instruction
- Physical Education, Music, and Visual Art classes offered weekly
- Instruction in French language
- Numerous extracurricular opportunities and partnerships include mentoring and service learning
Extended Learning Program
- Extended school day allows for more student learning time; G.E.M.S. and G.I.S.E. program (gender-specific science programming)
- Extended school year with summer academy. Additional time in the school day allows for increased time for math and reading